Thursday, December 13, 2007

Guess what?

I got a phone call this morning at 2am, my friend Alysia is about to have her baby. Well she goes, "I need you, can you take me to the hospital?" I said sure, give me a few minutes. I get over there and she is just miserable as can be. So we get over to the hospital, we walk up to labor and delivery. She gets all hooked up, and they first checked her at 3ish, and she's dialated to 4. Ok cool, sounding good right? Well at 4:30 she had only dialated to 4.5, so when I left her at almost 6 she was still the same. I had to come home and get my Son up and ready for school. Now I am just sitting here waiting to take him to school. I am going to leave here about 730 and go to the school and explain to them and ask if my Son can go a lil' bit early. As some of the questions asked this morning, I must be there. The admitting nurse asked if I wanted to cut the cord....omg. Not too many people are asked outside of the Daddy being in there but he isn't going to be there so with me being her Birthing Coach. I get too. It is a priviledge to be able to do something of this magnitude and to be apart of her little girls first moments of life. I am in tears right now, time is going so slow. But at least I got in another shower this morning and I am going to eat before going back. Because from past experience, I will need it. I will be taking pictures but due to the nature of what is happening, I simply cannot post the photos. I will ask to post only one. I want to get a good photo for her birth announcements.

Kat, I am so excited over this as I've only sat in a tiny little bathroom and watched my nephew born, which by the way makes me love him even more. It was a bond that I have with him to this day.

I definitely will post when she finally delivers with all the details. I am anxious to meet this little girl. Finally.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awww! Congratulations to her, and I hope the delivery goes smoothly.