Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Life style change, good or bad?

In August of 2018, I was faced with the fact that I was diagnosed Diabetic. I froze, I cried and I said to the doctor I will reverse this. I walked out of the doctor's office with a determination to fix what I did to my body over the years. I went home, looked in the mirror and said...NOT TODAY SATAN. I did. I sat down and researched lifestyle changes to reverse diabetes. The first thing that popped up was the Keto diet. I read good things and bad things, I read that its a forever lifestyle change otherwise you can revert to your old ways. I went to Pinterest and found so many recipes that left me speechless cause how in the world can the foods be considered healthy? Like butter, bacon, eggs, cheeses as we have been educated our whole lives to avoid fatty foods. There is a science behind how keto works. Once your body is in the state of ketosis, you are burning fat and NOT CARBS. You limit your carb intake to about 20mg a day, this is how the burning of fats begin. But first things first, getting a list of foods together to start was the hardest. We spent that first week enjoying what "carbs" we had in the pantry. Sugar, Rice, Breads, pastas, potatoes and other foods that are now considered "illegal" in our house. I remember our first meal was Spinach Artichoke Stuffed Chicken Breast and the look on everyone's face was priceless. It was then we said, we got this. This meal was too good and it was very filling. So I kept pinning recipes, I will post links to all that we have tried. I will also share shopping lists and my weekly meal planning. They say this lifestyle isn't cheap, but let me reword it to better understand how important your health is. What you put into your body is how much you measure your worth. I am a grocery shopper that loves to get good deals. I buy in bulk, it may not be all at once but when I can afford it. I will also create links to where I buy my items that has helped me greatly. Its important to start off with knowledge in the beginning instead of thinking your doing this right and no weight loss. It happens to a lot of people. They get frustrated because they miss the "carbs". I admit, I do too but now it seems when I have those bad carbs my body tells me otherwise. Its not worth the bloating or inflammation associated. So give me a little bit to get things situated and figured out. I will do my best to help those who are wanting a change, even if its not completely keto I can help with low carb as well. The results may not be the same but its a start right?

No comments: