Monday, November 12, 2007

Wake up call for Men here.

Last night while surfing, I came across Kat's blog and was catching up on what I missed. Well, she had a post on there about how Single Mom's Survive and how Married Women ask questions like, How do you do it alone? And how one person complains their other half is gone for the weekend. And how stressed they are having to do everything. This post isn't directed at anyone or anything, just a point of saying to you the ones who are with their significant others that you are stronger than you think and can do anything while being a Single Parent if that ever anything unforseen ever happens to you.

What Most people don't think about is, what if something happens to them they think how will they survive. What is the best part, you find something within you and you do it. You don't ask questions, its a natural thing. Whether your Single or Not. Its apart of life. Its amazing. I thought the same thing when I first had my Son but then within 6 months of him being born I was living on my own in a different city from his Father. I had so many responsiblities. Diapers, clothes, energy bills, gas for my car, insurance and I didn't have a job or any money. But I managed, I look back now and ask myself how in the world did I do it. And I couldn't tell you.

Anyway, I comment back to Kat and told her something too to hopefully cheer her up. That is amazing was a Single Mom can do. Over the weekend is my perfect example. The pilot light went out on our stove. And my "boyfriend" was searching for matches. I said good luck!! So I picked up a piece of paper, light it from the pilot light that was still light and lit the other one. My Boyfriend goes...um. Wow. I guess your a great asset, I might keep you. I told him, ummm. NO. Its called getting the damn thing lit. THEN he couldn't get my desk apart....this is funny. He tried his drill and a philips screwdriver. NO LUCK. I went and grabbed a butter knife and VOILA...came undone. He goes, you don't use kitchen utensils. I told him....When you need to get shit done sometimes you need to use a butterknife. It fits 99% of the time better than some screwdriver.
I pride myself on what I have accomplished as a Single Mom, and learn from it all. In the end, I remind my Boyfriend....I did it alone for 7 years....being alone doesn't bother me.


Where there's a will....there's a way ----This is motto!!

No comments: