Monday, October 22, 2007

I love Fall!!

And I love fall colors, its such a warm fuzzy feeling. This is the time of year we usually take the kids to the State Park and walk around taking pictures of the colors. Mother Nature "can" be a beautiful thing. When she's not so vicious. The only reason I am saying this is because its starting to get cold, and we still have no furnace. Our Landlord made the statement, well if my tenants would pay their rent we would have a furnace. That kinda irritated me because my rent wouldn't make a dent in what a new furnace costs. She's just mad that the guy upstairs just up and moved out without paying $1800 in back rent. That is not my fault. I am not paying my rent because why should I pay for something, and not have heat? I mean, come on. I have a 10 year old that I have to protect. Give me heat and I will give you money. We have suffered a few freezing nights already.

ONTO other things, I really want to thank the people who have been voting for me in the contest. Being gone all day Saturday, I was in shock to see my total had gone up. I know I've some great friends here in the QC helping, and in California, and a few all over the USA. You guys rock. I don't see myself winning though just because. Its not me to ever win. I could care less at this moment, I just want heat in my house. That flood took away alot more than just my personal belongings. It tooks a piece of me with it, like trust in people like my landlord.

Something of note, per our conversation yesterday. All my stuff. She considered junk and shouldn't get anything for it. And she laughed about it. It hurt me all over again. That stuff was my Son's toys, baby clothes, clothes in the dryer now ruined, my washer/dryer, scrapbooking supplies,Christmas Tree, Ornaments,all my Christmas Stuff, Cherished Teddies, and of course Beanie Babies. I had other stuff too, as it was an entire list of items that I could only pick out in pictures. It doesn't include unknown stuff. So my list was a partial list, and I was told to find the prices online of my stuff. So including my Lost Wages it came up to almost $4000. Which is not very much considering some people who lost their finished basements. Those people could not wait for the insurance and have since taken out loans to fix their basements or borrowed against their 401k's. My Landlord told me, it was my fight and she wasn't going to do anything about it. That really ticked me off because she lost a Furnace and a Hot Water Heater. And this was in JULY, its not October...and getting cold. Her excuse for the tenants not paying rent is a cop out. Maybe if she would of stood up for her stuff, things would be different. But I guess not.

No comments: