Thursday, April 17, 2008

Wish I could..

Turn back time. When I lived up in Rockford back in 1995 I had one of the best jobs ever. Even though it was a trucking company I simply loved the job. I wish I could find a job like that around here. It was a dream job, good pay, benefits, vacations, and everything else that people take for granted. While at that job I met some wonderful people, there was one person who had a heart of gold. I can't remember her name but she sat next to me in our desks. She suffered from fibromyalgia and I could tell the pain she suffered every day. But she would always have a smile on her face. She told me once, "if I lived every day and went along with the pain my life would be worthless...I choose live thru the pain and love life." I often wonder where she's at in her life, among the other wonderful people I met.

No comments: