Sunday, March 02, 2008

We are in trouble.

We had a very warm day today and my Grandparents bridge to their house got washed away and it was just replaced last summer. And as my parents were coming home they called and told me that the road was completely covered in water. My Mom goes, thank goodness for the two cops that were there. One on each side to let them know there was water on the road.

The worst part about all this flooding is, it happens every year. But this year we are thinking is going to be the worst yet. Why? Because back in 99...I think we had a really bad flood. It was so bad, that I would miss my classes to go help fill sandbags for local businesses on the rivers. I never got in trouble as I was helping the community.

UPDATE----water levels has risen 7 feet in the past 6 hours. NOT GOOD. I am definitely going to be out taking pictures because the last time this happened my Son was little and vaguely remembers the last flood.

I am on top of a hill, NO ROAD construction so we are good up here.

No comments: