Thursday, December 27, 2007

So what's up with Walllllmart these days?

It seems they are screwing everyone around and not protecting their customers either. Yesterday of all days, I went to Walllllmart to buy a few things for lunch for my Son and my Niece and Nephew ok? Well, walking down one of the aisles we notice little cans of Spiderman Pop on sale for 50cents for a twelve pack. Hey not a bad deal right? Kids love the little pops. Well sitting RIGHTNEXT and on top of the little pops were 3 bottles of that Welch's Sparkling Grape Juice, you know the PURPLE kind. Sitting on top, one bottle of kinda hanging off the side. SO I reminded the kids, please do not knock it over even though it should of been there to begin with as it was a different display and you could tell that someone had just stocked the end cap. And it was full, so whoever did the display DID NOT put the remaining three bottles away, and just left them there. Therefore, A ACCIDENT WAITING TO HAPPEN. Well low, and behold they got knocked over. Thank goodness they didn't break...that time. But they were rolling all over the place so the kids and I tried to pick them up before some old lady walked along and didn't see them and fall. I was going to pick them up, and take them to the nearest employee because of them being glass and falling. I am sorry, I would not buy them cause who knows is glass broke off inside right?

Well during the process of picking the bottles of, my Son...poor kid is still crushed about it. Dropped one. Between my legs, directly so I got the brunt of the glass up my pant leg, down my socks and inside my shoes. Oh and I have Barney shoes too now, they were pretty white. Not no more. My Son's shoes also got hit, and they are brand new Heely's. But what makes the whole matter worse and pissed me off, is how they handled it. This is exactly what they said to me: " Ma'am we are so sorry but here's a bench you can wipe off the glass over there and have a good day!" WTF just happened to common courtesy, and them like. Oh here is some paper towels so you don't cut yourself? Are you ok? Did you hurt yourself? Are the kids ok? Is there anything we can do because it was our mistake? NOT ONE of these were asked of me.

During the process of trying to get the glass off my pants, which by the way I couldn't use the bathroom to get paper towels because AGAIN its always out of order. I got slivers of glass in my fingers, yes I was bleeding all over the place. I also got slivers up my sleeves on my coat because I tried to catch it before it fell. I still have glass in my shoes!!!! I had to cut my day short because of the glass in my clothes and the staining of the PURPLE grape juice ruined my shoes and my socks/shoes. Did I mention I have a WHITE coat? Just when I thought I was ok with the glass slivers, it never fails. I have a couple in my leg that I cannot get out and I tossed and turned all night. Because of the pain.

I simply refuse to let Wallllmart get away with this type of behavior and treat the people who keep their jobs going for them. I am making a phone call to corporate and I am filing a complaint against that store manager because all they tried to do is sweep me out the door. I am ONE person who doesn't like to complain unless its bad food or something. I am ONE person who does work in retail, understands safety and goes by the rules when it comes to safety. I do not leave things where I know people can get hurt. Obviously someone wasn't paying attention and was being negligent. Well there negligence cost me two pairs of shoes, socks, my pants and sleep from the slivers of glass in my leg. Is that fair to me? No, so that is why I am calling this morning and filing a complaint. I don't want Barney colored shoes, I have Skechers that are white with blue trim. I bought them just in Sept. for $55. Not too happy that I have to replace them already when my shoes last me about a year. I wear Skechers because they don't hurt my feet, and fit me right. Yes I am picky.

So tell me in your honest opinion, what would you do if this happened to you? Oh and did I mention my skin is purple on my ankles? I didn't know that grape juice stains whatever it touches. Bitches..

2 comments:

Jill said...

O. M. F. G!!!!!!!!! I know how they are required to handle those situations and they definitely didn't do anything right there. First thing they should have said was "Are you ok? Is anyone hurt?" because they are REQUIRED to get a manager and fill out an accident report.

I would definitely call corporate and give them hell over it.

I have gone into so many stores (WM is the worst though) and have seen things piled so high on the shelves that the slightest breeze would knock everything over. But heavy glass bottles are ridiculous. They should know to be more careful with those!!

That kind of lack of courtesy reminds me of when Oldest was 6 months old. My mom was holding her as we walked into Sears. My mom slipped on something on the floor and Oldest's head came crashing down on the floor. I can still hear that sound in my head today. The cashier, not 10 feet away, just stood there watching. I went over there and screamed some very unlady like things to him and told him to get someone the f--- down there NOW!! Never saw him there again after that.

I'm so sorry about your clothes and the Heeleys. I hope your son is doing ok after all that. :( Unbelievable!!!

Anonymous said...

I hope you called Corporate and bitched them out. It's unacceptable!

Sorry about the slivers and the mess :( They best make it right with you!