Monday, December 10, 2007

Calm before the storm...I guess.

I am sitting here thinking about the "What Ifs" about the impending storm we are about to have tonight. Frankly it scares the nitty wits out of me because of all the damage its already caused. I keep hoping that maybe they are just over warning us about it, because of what happened last year. I remember earlier this year my Cousin lost their power and didn't have any for a week. My Mom didn't have power, My Sister didn't have power. Actually I am going to search my archives for it cause I know I posted about the power outages and links somewhere. Ha Ha found it, here is the ICE STORM back in February. Since I am in a new neighborhood that is prone for its power to go out, I am even more worried. Earlier tonight I went down and brought my Mom some much needed food cause she didn't have time for dinner before she went to the place where she volunteers and my Most Favorite Sister called and said she was all worried, and that all her laundry is done and her bag is packed in case the power goes out again. I told her, I don't blame her and I had done the same thing already. I am not taking any chances, the only thing I didn't get at the store was water. I bought the basics, as we have a ton of food here in the cupboard incase of an emergency. I know its crazy, I bought ICE too....lol. I can't live without it. Well if I have power in the morning and everything is ok, I will be posting....So wish me luck. I am going to find my blankie and cover my whole city for the night so we don't get hit too hard. BUT I know its coming.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just checking it to see how you are doing. Hope all is well! *hugs*