Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Stuff done already...yay.

I started out today with a small goal to get a few things done and so far here's what's done already.


***Removed Bathroom Border, washed the walls and ready for new border

***Got one load of laundry done---jeans, jeans...kids I swear...

***Took books upstairs into spider heaven.

***Got plastic up on the windows.

***Managed to get $200 by redoing a loan for my van!!!! (Christmas Shopping)

***Gave the kitties a bunch of love.

I am getting there, I need to go grab the camera out of the van and take pictures again of how its looking in here.


I wanted to mention a few things of how my Christmas is going to be this year. It will be the first time I will not have to scrap to buy presents for my Son. I rec'd a phone call from my Son's school saying my Son was chosen to be apart of the Share Joys Program thru the High School. Only certain kids are chosen to be apart of the program, the ones chosen will recieve a new coat, boots, shoes, pants, shirts, underwear, socks and a toy. The gifts are picked out by the High Schoolers, and delivered by the High Schoolers themselves. Its a very touching event to see the joy the kids bring to the children chosen. This will happen here on December 15th, which is my Mom's birthday. How sweet huh? Well before I found out about this, our family was chosen as well for a local newspaper gift program, only a handful of people are chosen for these wonderful awards. The recipient recieves up to a $1000 worth of gifts, to be chosen a unfortunate event must of happened to them. Which was the flood of my basement where I lost everything. Including my washer and dryer. So with my gift of choice, was a new washer and dryer. And the funny thing is, I was going to buy myself a new set come income tax time no matter what. Well, because of such wonderful people I do not have too. I rec'd them last week and its been a complete blessing. One of the things I have to do is give a interview about recieving my washer and dryer, oh and I will also recieve $200 in merchandise vouchers and $90 in food vouchers for a grocery store. So this is how my Christmas will be. Now to figure out what to buy is the fun part.

I want to thank the people who have helped me this Holiday Season....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh gosh, that is so fantastic!! What a great thing for your son, and I am so happy that you were able to get a new washer and dryer! You totally deserve it!