Friday, November 09, 2007

I have to do this.

With that massive fire last night that affected 46 people, the number went up. I had a talk with the director of the daycare my Son attends over the Summer. She and I both decided to donate some items of need to the families affected. Its MY way of giving back to a community who has helped me in my time of need....more recently that is. I have a couple of boxes at the new house that I am going to take up there. She said I might have to contact the Red Cross first to verify on where to take the items to. I mean I feel so awful that these people lost their homes, everything of value, pictures, and clothes. They showed the apartment on TV where the fire started, it showed how where the remote was sitting...all melted. The noodles in the pantry all blackened. A wheelchair, all burnt. It actually affected me alot more seeing the apartment then seeing I know someone who was affected. I really want to do something to help these families but I have no clue what to do. I would like to start donation site, set up a fund and have it go directly to the families. One of the people affected used to live by me and she was crying that her little boy wanted his toys. I would like to make a difference in that little boy. So if anyone else has any ideas, please let me know.

No comments: