Saturday, October 06, 2007

Hola'

Hi...How are you? I am fine, its going good. Life is good. Right now things are looking up. I think. It seems the guy upstairs is moving out like as we speak due to the harassment of the landlord. She doesn't want to ever fix anything and all she wants is our money. The apartment upstairs had a massive leak in his bathroom, where the ceiling fell down and you can see the wood of the roof. Now let me remind you this is in his bathroom. Winter is coming, leaky roof equals coldness, then means shrinkage for a man. Not to mention the guy upstairs is really sick to begin with. We are talking he doesn't have long to live. So with the leaky roof, his daughter told me there is mold growing. Not the black mold but mold. So that leaves me worried about health issues for us. Right now we are without a furnace for winter. And sorry, we are not allowed to stay in a home without proper heat. That is why we are moving out. PLUS with her trying to sell the place. I actually feel sorry for her because of all the repairs that have to be made. The funny thing is, we have tried to tell her about these repairs and what has happened. But the only time she shows up is when she wants her money...THEN LEAVES. I cannot wait to get out of here. I so cannot wait. To be done and clean of her will make it all the better. I would like to have a landlord that cares for the tenants health. I know there are alot out there who are slumlords but come on people. She better be lucky the guy upstairs isn't pursuing a lawsuit. Actually what may happen is the house might be condemned, someone might turn her in. It won't be me of course but I am just saying.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

UGH! We had a landlord for 12 years that made our live sheer hell. The only reason we stayed was because we were saving to buy a house. By the time we moved out, we had black mold growing in the ceilings from the leaky roof she refused to fix. I drove by the old place last week - new windows, new porch, NEW ROOF! Guess my 12 years worth of rent did SOMEONE some good. Hope you find a better place soon.

Halfmexican Mama said...

Good luck! when are you moving?