Tuesday, April 17, 2007

When it comes to my Son....don't mess with me.

Yes I am talking to the Father of my Son. I hope you never read this as, I am not going to feel guilty about what I did today. Actually it made me feel so much better as its sweet revenge. When you sit there and brag about how much your brought home in a weeks time and about a Cruise your taking in the fall, YET your $1627 behind in child support????? Hooo hummm. Seven years I took this crap. My Son deserves so much more. And today, I made the phone call that changed everything for his happy little family. He is applying for a passport for his cruise....stupid...your DENIED. Until your paid in full. Yep, I don't feel bad for you. Its already in the works, and now they are going after your drivers license. And, and...your Journeymans Card. WOW. There is no excuse for him to be that behind. Seriously dude, if the tables were turned he would be after every penny possible and then some. As for him trying to get Jonathan to move in with him, that is seriously funny. That will NEVER happen. I can't wait to see what happens once he finds out about his passport. Ahhh darn, poor honeymoon plans are kaput. Oh well, Karma is a bitch. Here I am working my ass off, getting no public assistance, and barely making it. He sits there and brags about how much money he makes. Well, that is ok. I might sound like a money hungry greedy bitch, I really don't care. Its when someone brags about money, and being as behind, then trying to talk about taking my Son away from me is when the Mother instinct kicks in and I get into defensive mode. When his Father called me tonight, I laid into him on how I didn't appreciate her asking MY Son to move in with them. He goes, oh she was probably joking. Well I don't take jokes when it comes to MY Son. She don't know me and frankly, she doesn't want to know me. I am going to get a copy of my divorce decree and highlight the child arrangements to remind him that I have SOLE custody. I insisted on joint but the Judge said otherwise since he didn't even show up to court. Hello? Yeah, it was hard. I did love him, and of course he wasn't there as usual.


For all the Mothers out there who are due Child Support per Court Orders, keep in contact with the State Agency that handles it. Its amazing what can be done with that Court Order. If you don't have a court order, you can go thru your State to find out the process and get the help without cost for your child/children. That is what Child Support is for. It is suppose to help out in their clothing needs, housing costs, medical costs, and food for the children.

2 comments:

Got Faerie? said...

Hi there! I stumbled upon your blog through the FuelMyBlog photo contest. Which, by the way, I love the bridge pic! Great job.

I had to write on this one... I was a single mom for a little over ten years. The father left, haven't seen much of him and he owes close to $50k in back support.

I personally don't understand fathers/mothers who don't pay. They really feel like it's money going to the other spouse, so they get nasty about it then don't want to pay.

I'm just wondering if they ever noticed that it is "CHILD SUPPORT". Not spousal support. But, guess they didn't read the "child" part eh?

Good luck to you on retrieving the money for your son. He deserves everything in life.

I just wish those that haven't paid would just wake up and realize that.

Mon ;)

Rockstar Mom said...

Oh yea! You rock!!! I just found your blog tonight by accident. There is a reason. We are connected. Totally. My ex....in arrears over $12,000.

Back in November, I got the only child support payment made since May 5, 2004. It was for $44.38. Someone on my blog commented, "Hey if I send you $50.00 can I be your kids dad for a month?"

Get after his sorry ass. Mine has a legal loophole. I'll never see this money (for the sake of my daughter of course....) I am a paralegal, with inexhaustable legal representation....and I can not collect. It sucks.

But good on ya for going after that passport! You go girl!