Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Wow I haven't posted.

Its been a rough week, let me tell ya. I got my State income tax back last week. On Thursday to be exact. Well I knew how much I had, well I went to dinner with my friend Alysia and our bill came up to $26.74, no biggie. Well I didn't think nothing of it, came home went about my business and I checked my online bank account and it said it was overdrawn. HELL NO. Well I called the bank first thing Friday morning. They said that the restaurant charged an extra 20% on my card. I said, no way. I didn't authorize it. The lady at the bank goes it will post correctly after three days and it should be ok. I said until then my account is in the negative and your charging me a $30 fee. I don't think so. They said they would look into it. Well yesterday my account was a negative -$147.91. Four additional checks went thru so that meant $30 for each one. I was at my limit of being pissed off, I went into the bank and demanded they fix my account or else I am taking my business elsewhere. If you do the math, 5 times 30 equals out to be $150. Ok now minus $147.91 from that you will get a positive balance. So the moral of the story is becareful when you use your credit/debit card. Some places tend to overcharge your card. THEN, I found on MSNBC, it was exactly what I went thru. That most places are overcharging your credit or debit cards over the amount to make sure they are getting their money. In my eyes that is fraud. I don't trust places now. Now I ask if they charge an extra percent before they ring it thru or I tell them exactly how much is on the card. I don't want to me overcharged again.

No comments: