Sunday, June 11, 2006

Happy Birthday Sweet Baby Boy!!!

Today is my Son's 9th Birthday. He was born on June 11, 1997 at 4:07am. He was stubborn to come out and when he decided too, he didn't take his time. I remember that night like it was yesterday. We had made tuna salad sandwiches, went down to the river and went fishing. I was enjoying the night because it was cool and the sun was just setting. I was uncomfortable for most of the night but with it happening all along I did not know I was in labor. I just know I had to sit because of my back was hurting like a mofo. So that night after our night of fishing. We went home and because of the pain I was sleeping on the couch. I just couldn't get comfortable. I went to the bathroom with NO luck. Tremendous pressure in the butt. Let me tell you it scared me. So I go in and wake my Son's father. He started rubbing my back and told me to go back to bed. I said, NO it doesn't feel right. He got up, grabbed my bag and the extra sandwiches we had made. Don't ask me why. We walk up to Labor and Delivery. Instead of the triage room they put me in a room. So I get undressed, have to pee again....NO LUCK. I get yelled at to get off the toilet. I get up on the bed. She tells me to relax. GRRRRR. Lady I am having a baby. I can't. She pulls her hand out and she goes, there goes your bag of water. Wow. I felt so much relief. I said cool I can go home. She goes ...um NO your baby will be here shortly as you are dialated to 9. I said NO way. I started crying. I was scared at that moment. Knowing my life was about to change forever. I got to the hospital at 2:17am and he was born at 4:09am. He was so beautiful. I loved him so much. I still do. He is 9 years old now and so full of life. I love him. What I would give to have another one and to enjoy it this time would be wonderful. Well, not much else to say. So Happy Birthday Little Man, I love you so much!!!

No comments: